The Internal Controls Analyst will be responsible for assisting with Oaktree's annual SOX and SOC 1 testing requirements.
• Assisting with identifying and evaluating the organization’s financial reporting risk areas and providing input into the planning and scoping of the annual audit of internal control over financial reporting;
• Performing internal control procedures, including understanding and documenting client processes, identifying and defining issues, conducting testing, and concluding on testing results;
• Conducting interviews and walkthroughs, reviewing documents and evidence, and preparing working papers;
• Identifying, developing and documenting internal control issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed;
• Communicating the results of internal control projects via written reports and verbal presentations to management;
• Developing and maintaining productive relationships through individual contacts and meetings;
• Pursuing professional development opportunities via professional associations and internal/external training; and
• Performing various other tasks and projects as required.
• 2-4 years audit experience, experience with SOX compliance and/or SOC 1 engagements strongly preferred;
• Ability to apply accounting principles and practices, management principles and preferred business practices;
• Proven capability in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems and drawing logical conclusions;
• Track record in planning and project management and in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting deadlines;
• Strong skills in resolving problems and negotiating issues; and
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products including, Word, Excel, Outlook and other business software to prepare reports, memos and summaries.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
• Strong initiative and a self-starter with a proven ability to work with minimal supervision; and
• Flexible and team-oriented with strong integrity and professionalism.
Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Accounting or a related field. A CPA or CIA is preferred.