Based in New York, the HR Generalist will contribute to the development and effective delivery of HR strategies and services working in partnership with managers and employees within designated departments across Oaktree. Through managing relationships and having a thorough understanding of both the department’s business and people challenges, the HR Generalist will effectively champion appropriate HR solutions.
- Act as the primary point of contact for the New York and Connecticut offices, ensuring the HR strategy is aligned with business and priorities;
- In partnership with HR specialty teams, manage and execute HR processes including, but not limited to, year-end compensation, talent management, performance management, learning & development, change management, talent acquisition, employee relations, employee engagement;
- Function as a strategic business advisor to business leaders regarding key organizational, talent and management issues;
- Provide cross-organization information and perspective to business leaders (e.g., share and transplant best practices from the rest of the business) and serve as the connection between business units;
- Provide coaching to enhance management and leadership abilities, relationships among teams/individuals, interpersonal communications and performance management;
- Ensure a diversity lens on all talent management practices;
- Manage full-cycle recruiting for various investment and non-investment positions across the organization from entry level to management
- Create job descriptions and staffing requests;
- Stay abreast of employment law and make recommendations for policy changes where relevant;
- Lead new hire orientation and onboarding of employees, including benefits orientation;
- Oversee the coordination of local training courses, such as open enrollment, anti-harassment training, giving and receiving feedback, Management 101, Goals, Workday and harassment training;
- Manage NY and Connecticut leaves of absence, including the relationship with our administrators and Oaktree managers;
- Act as main point of contact for NY and Connecticut worker’s compensation claims;
- Initiate and implement best practices and process improvements; and
- Perform special projects as assigned.