The Product Management department is responsible for (i) serving as representatives/spokespeople for Oaktree’s strategies and products to explain strategy positioning and investment theses; (ii) creating and managing content that effectively conveys our strategies’ investment approach, capabilities and portfolio activity; (iii) responding to investor requests for information about their prospective and current investments with us; (iv) managing and/or delivering portfolio reviews and pitches alongside Oaktree’s sales team; and (v) delivering marketing programming initiatives and content that serve to raise awareness about Oaktree’s offerings and broad platform capabilities.
Within the Product Management group, the Programming team is responsible for developing the strategic vision for marketing programming initiatives, and managing the tactical delivery of such programs. Oaktree’s marketing programs target a global audience of world-class institutional and individual investors as well as financial professionals. These actively evolving programs range from live and virtual events, Oaktree’s Insights “thought-leadership” program, and select non-U.S. media campaigns.
The Los Angeles-based Programming Manager will serve as a player-coach, originating, driving and supporting marketing programming activities, and managing a global team of staff responsible for same. Select responsibilities are listed below.
· Originate and present ideas for marketing programming initiatives and content that support and extend our business development objectives in the near- and longer-term, while ensuring Oaktree is positioned as a trusted partner with an enduring brand. Ideas should:
– Further Oaktree’s brand awareness, shape perception and ultimately create preference;
– Demonstrate an understanding of strategic direction, key objectives, market themes, and product and client lifecycle;
– Exhibit a "client-centric" discipline to program and content development;
– Be tailored to different audiences (e.g., internal vs. institutional vs. intermediary distribution, global vs. regional) and the varied steps of the client journey (e.g., from prospect to onboarding, to servicing and beyond);
– Reflect a diversity of content format and delivery methods (e.g., videos, webcast, podcast, interactive web page);
– Take into account industry/peer practices, stakeholder feedback, analytics and other insights to improve program and content effectiveness.
· Work in close partnership with key stakeholders to create and implement initiatives. Select stakeholders include product specialists, portfolio managers, sales staff, corporate communications team members, legal and compliance associates.
· Maintain an understanding of compliance requirements and advertising rules/guidelines to ensure programming activities adhere to such.
Event and Branding Management
· Oversee the coordination and delivery of live and virtual events, collaborating with the Head of Programming and business sponsors, and ensuring an engaging client experience and the achievement of program objectives. Events are hosted in cities around the world, have 30-600 attendees and may be single- and multi-day.
– Lead venue selection and manage overall vendor relationships, ensuring engaged partners/vendors provide high-quality services and competitive rates.
– Manage logistical elements of the event including, but not limited to production schedules, audio-visual and technology requirements; registration; event-level collateral creation; décor, food and beverage selection; guest speaker management; attendee gifts; space and meeting room allocations.
· Guide the visual expression and personality of the Oaktree brand.
– Communicate and reinforce the visual branding standards ranging from color pallets and typography to logo and advertising design, ensuring that the brand is consistent across different touch points and that it is central to everything we do.
· Manage a team of 5 primarily responsible for events and graphics work, with team members located in Los Angeles, New York, London and Hong Kong. Graphics personnel (i) utilize Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office products to design charts, graphs and pictorial images, foster Oaktree’s brand (“look and feel”), and optimize functionality and readability, and (ii) develop technology solutions to enhance Oaktree’s graphics capabilities including the automation of commonly executed activities. Events personnel primarily coordinate and deliver live/virtual events and select media activities.
– Manage the staffing and operating model (onshore vs. offshore, assignments, backup coverage, primary/secondary coverage, etc.) of the team to ensure appropriate coverage of team deliverables and services.
– Hire, develop and manage staff including providing and/or coordinating training, clearly setting performance expectations and ensuring a feedback loop around such.
– Ensure the excellence of the team’s deliverables, demonstrating and upholding high standards particularly in the areas of project management, operational discipline, innovation and strategic planning.
– Regularly and proactively solicit input from internal and external constituents regarding the quality and effectiveness of the team’s (and its individual’s) deliverables.
The successful candidate should:
Bachelor’s degree (major in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field preferred).