Oaktree is seeking an Analyst or Associate to join the Real Estate team in their Los Angeles office. The position holder will be responsible for providing strategic analysis and operational support to aid in the management of our core-plus and value-add investment vehicles, collectively known as our Real Estate Income strategy.
- Forecasting fund-level cash flows to monitor returns, cash, liquidity, leverage, capital needs, risk and diversification
- Evaluating prospective transactions in the context of the overall fund and presenting findings to the Portfolio Manager and Investment Committee
- Developing analytical management tools to help the team make strategic recommendations on the overall direction of the portfolio and its underlying investments
- Analyzing fund performance relative to various real estate benchmarks (NCREIF, NFI-ODCE, MSCI, etc.)
- Performing additional ad-hoc analysis to allow the Portfolio Manager to effectively manage the fund
- Contributing to marketing, fundraising, and client relations efforts by providing as-needed information on asset-, fund- and strategy-level performance, including forecasted returns, performance attribution and distribution timing
- Participating in various operational aspects of our Income business, with an emphasis on cash management, fund accounting, valuations, asset management and tax structuring