The Vice President of Foreign Exchange (FX) Risk Management will redesign and develop a centralized foreign currency trading function, working closely with multiple investment teams based in London, New York, and Los Angeles and be responsible for monitoring exposures and ensuring funds/accounts are properly hedged against non-base currency exposure based on various hedging strategies and thresholds. The position is responsible for negotiating and executing foreign exchange trades. In addition, this person will help design and integrate various systems into BlackMountain Everest (OMS) as well as look to improve processes. This person will be the lead working with operations and accounting teams to enhance reporting related to foreign currency across multiple strategies.
- Monitoring and executing currency trades across multiple strategies, funds and separate accounts;
- Partnering with investment teams to understand and develop hedging strategies and surface insights to help fund performance and achieve scale;
- Establishing best execution policy for FX trading and applying trading strategies to reduce or minimize notional amounts;
- Partnering with technology teams and operations to automate and enhance FX trading and hedging functionality within BlackMountain Everest (OMS);
- Liaise with investment, operations and accounting teams to enhance reporting;
- Working with various groups to resolve any trade discrepancies and make improvements;
- Ensuring all FX trading procedures, regulations, and credit limits are followed at all times;
- Identifying and monitoring industry and market events and assessing the impact on the portfolios;
- Building effective working relationships with internal stakeholders and brokers;
- Performing various other tasks and projects as necessary.