The Accounting Manager Expense Allocation Group, which is a sub-department of the Closed-end Fund Accounting group, will assist with the management of business processes and governance for fund expense allocation. This role will work on the administration and management of third party fund expense allocation policies and procedures, including allocation methodology, software system, and billing process. This position will also assist with the administration and management of time tracking and internal cost allocation policies and procedures, including our proprietary time tracking system. He or she will help to identify and implement best practices consulting with internal legal, compliance, internal audit, internal controls, and external auditors and consultants.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Prepare data, provide analysis and propose recommendations in support of business goals and objectives, including presenting to the Expense Allocation Governance Committee (EAGC), updates to the EAGC and expense disclosures in fund governing documents.
- Prepare and update business processes, flowcharts and related documentation on a regular basis to support fund expense allocation governance and internal control requirements.
- Provide regular communications and answer questions regarding fund expense allocation guidelines and processes.
- Ensuring the appropriate follow up, approvals and documentation for any exceptions to the allocation guidelines.
- Ad hoc projects relating to the management of fund expense allocation guidelines and processes, and cash and bank account management.
- Ensure adherence to SOX and internal control standards by documenting and maintaining standard operating procedures.
- Identify and help implement opportunities for system design, process improvements as well as new technology implementation.