Based in Los Angeles, the Head of Business Services is responsible for a portfolio of essential services to Oaktree stakeholders and is an integral member of the Corporate Services leadership team. This position will oversee the firm’s business continuity, security, travel and records management functions and ensure risk management, cost management and service-level objectives are met. This individual will be a highly skilled communicator, who can effectively partner with business units to execute projects and other deliverables, and is capable of interacting with senior management at the highest levels of the firm.
- Lead Business Services team with overall responsibility for corporate travel management (including private planes), records management, business continuity, emergency preparedness and physical security functions.
- Establish and manage annual budgets for the Business Services group and related functions.
- Ensure proper cross-training of team resources to minimize person dependencies, drive results through a team-based approach and realize synergies across functions.
- Lead Oaktree’s Business Continuity Program and Leadership Group to ensure the program meets regulatory and client requirements.
- Ensure adequate policies and procedures are in place to protect Oaktree’s employees and physical assets.
- Work with the Records Management Senior Analyst and other stakeholders to set Oaktree’s Records and Information Management strategy, policies and procedures.
- Oversee Oaktree’s corporate travel program to ensure proper policies and controls are in place, monitor the effectiveness of the program and policies and provide transparency to Oaktree Senior Management and department heads on travel spend and trends.
- Ensure Company Aircraft are maintained to the appropriate standards, annual operating budgets/plans are in place and act as the escalation point for any issues relating to the Company Aircraft, including operational, security and personnel-related issues.
- Provide vendor oversight and management with respect to Business Services to ensure Oaktree is receiving high-levels of service and competitive pricing.