The Product Management department is responsible for (i) serving as representatives/spokespeople for Oaktree’s strategies and products to explain strategy positioning and investment theses; (ii) creating and managing content that effectively conveys our strategies’ investment approach, capabilities and portfolio activity; (iii) responding to investor requests for information about their prospective and current investments with us; (iv) managing and/or delivering portfolio reviews and pitches alongside Oaktree’s sales team; and (v) delivering marketing programming initiatives that serve to raise awareness about Oaktree’s offerings and broad platform capabilities.
This Product Management – Senior Financial Writer will collaborate with internal stakeholders to gather insights into our clients, products, markets and competitors to create strategies for positioning Oaktree in the marketplace and to develop messages designed to share our point of view and differentiate us in a crowded and highly competitive field. Selected responsibilities are listed below.
- Develop internal subject matter familiarity regarding Oaktree’s investment philosophy, investment strategies, and the markets in which we operate;
- Understand and follow strategic direction, key objectives and market themes to develop a regular schedule of thought leadership, educational and investment-specific publications, independently authoring such pieces or engaging others to develop the content in partnership;
- Work in close partnership with product specialists, marketing, sales and corporate communications associates to create and edit sophisticated, informative and differentiated content including marketing, thought leadership, educational and investment-specific pieces;
- Customize content and messaging for the firm and our strategies and products to address a range of institutional and professional audiences across various mediums (e.g., white papers, presentations, conferences, web content, webinars and social media);
- Review and edit content created by others to apply the Oaktree voice and style to materials consistently, and to ensure messaging is clear, concise and audience appropriate, actively checking for appropriate use of grammar and suggesting larger structural edits to facilitate story/flow, when necessary. Materials to review range from pitch books and quarterly client updates to short-form marketing content for webcasts and thought leadership;
- Manage the review and approval of content with stakeholders firm-wide (e.g., investment professionals, product specialists, department managers, graphics specialists, compliance officers, executive leadership), managing master drafts and project-managing pieces through to distribution/publication; and
- Be familiar with compliance and related industry advertising rules to assist in the creation of compliant content.