The Corporate Accounting Department at Oaktree is seeking a Senior Accountant/Accounting Manager with a focus on consolidation processes and financial systems.
- Responsible for all aspects of the global consolidation of the Company’s operating entities and investment funds, including consolidation entries, foreign currency, intercompany transactions and reconciliations, and elimination process;
- Prepare and analyze consolidated financial statements, including the balance sheet, income statement, statement of cash flows and statement of unitholders’ capital;
- Prepare financial calculations and account analyses, including supporting schedules on a quarterly basis;
- Identify and implement process improvement initiatives and prepare ad hoc financial analyses as required for management and in support of financial reporting requirements;
- Collaborate with external auditors in annual audits and quarterly reviews;
- Maintain the Company’s chart of accounts. Ensure compliance, provide training and maintain changes to policy;
- Assist in maintaining and enhancing financial systems, including the general ledger and consolidation system;
- Assist in the review and analysis of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial information to ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP and other regulatory reporting requirements;
- Provide guidance and/or assistance to international accounting teams to ensure financial data is accounted for consistently across all corporate entities worldwide in accordance with U.S. GAAP. Develop an understanding of differences between U.S. GAAP and local GAAP; and
- Perform certain key SOX control processes.