The Senior Analyst will be responsible for conducting operational, financial, and regulatory internal audits. The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of team members.
- Identify financial, operational, compliance, and reputational risks through risk assessment, audit and consulting activity;
- The ability to execute the planning, fieldwork and reporting stages of the internal audits;
- Leading interviews to understand current state systems, processes, and controls and assessing risk with minimal oversight and supervision;
- Performing walk-throughs of control processes and substantive testing, as necessary;
- Designing audit procedures for high-risk and complex audit areas;
- Completion of clear and concise work papers that articulate the work performed and the conclusions reached;
- Identifying, developing and documenting audit findings and discussing the findings with the stakeholders;
- Drafting audit reports and communicating audit results via verbal and written presentations to management;
- Developing and maintaining relationships with stakeholders;
- Drafting audit committee and other internal audit meeting materials;
- Performing due date tracking, management follow-up, and validation testing for the remediation of audit findings;
- Advising stakeholders on the strengths and weaknesses of controls and developing effective solutions;
- Performing job administration responsibilities, including creating status reports and tracking budget-to-actuals;
- Pursuing professional development opportunities via professional associations, certifications, and internal/external training; and
- Performing various other tasks and special projects as required.