The Accounting Manager position will be a dual role; the Accounting Manager will (1) be responsible for maintaining the books and records for various private partnerships and accounts, as well as reporting to clients and the portfolio group and (2) assist with maintaining the Closed-end Fund Accounting group’s technical accounting and internal control policies and serve as a SOX/SOC-1 compliance resource for the group.
- Preparing and maintaining the books and records of pooled private investment funds organized as limited partnerships and/or separate accounts.
- Accounting for and reconciliation of cash, investments and real property, including recording and reconciling complex purchases, sales and corporate actions.
- Calculating of income and expense allocations to each partner, including updating of distribution waterfall based on the terms of the governing documents.
- Determining and preparing distributions and drawdowns.
- Preparing of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports to clients.
- Analyzing and calculating of performance metrics for partnerships/accounts as well as for each investment.
- Analyze new accounting rules applicable to the Closed-end Funds and liaise with internal parties to efficiently implement and maintain U.S. GAAP-compliant accounting policies.
- Assist with coordination of SOX and SOC-1 control testing for the Closed-end Funds, including control narrative documentation, process walkthroughs and coordinating responses to auditor requests.
- Serve as contact for internal clients and external auditors regarding the Closed-end Fund Accounting department’s control environment.
- Assist with the financial statement audit coordination, including matters regarding financial reporting and accounting policy.
- Perform other tasks as required.