Based in downtown Los Angeles, the Senior Business Analyst will perform analysis, design, testing, and other reporting related elements to support the implementation and on-going evolution of Oaktree’s accounting and operational systems and processes. Responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with technology and business management to establish a prioritization, strategy, and architecture for Oaktree’s accounting and reporting complex.
- Managing projects and initiatives in accordance with the standards/requirements of the Project Management Lifecycle and System Development Lifecycle.
- Assigning project roles; managing scope and deadlines.
- Resolving conflicts and negotiate changes in priorities and/or scope.
- Collaborating with the business stakeholders to define scope, objectives, assumptions, dependencies, value proposition / rationale, and impacted organizational functions and systems.
- Leading activities and deliverable development including preparation and management of project documents (i.e. Work Queue, Issue Log, Meeting Agendas, and Project Specific Deliverables).
- Conducting meetings and facilitate collaborative discussions.
- Preparing and communicate status updates and issue logs to the Business Sponsor.
- Collaborating/coordinating with IT in the execution of Quality Assurance (QA) testing.
- Managing the project implementation and control monitoring process.
Work Queue Management
- Managing, overseeing, and leading the prioritization of initiatives.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with business management and end-users.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with technology management and developers.
- Managing projects across a spectrum of small to large concurrent initiatives.
- Leading virtual team of business and technology members to ensure successful completion of expected work while continuing to improve quality/output.
- Supporting various aspects of administration in conjunction with department lead; topics may include project prioritization, resource forecasting, project budget monitoring, project reporting and execution protocols.
- Providing thought leadership to the team to ensure they are “Connecting the Dots” across complex business challenges, often with many moving parts and firm-wide implications, to develop an organized business solution meeting stakeholder/organizational needs.
- Ensuring effective communication with and between peers, management, executive leadership, key stakeholders, and project participants to manage expectations, provide status updates, ensure clarity and accountability of roles and responsibilities, escalate issues, and solicit ongoing feedback regarding the quality of the team’s deliverables, incorporating feedback into team routines and/or new processes or tools.
- Documenting business, functional, and technical requirements.
- Defining, developing, and executing training materials in conjunction with the Business Unit.
- Gathering, documenting, analyzing and drawing conclusions regarding complex data and information.
- Defining, creating and running queries and reports.
- Acting as a departmental resource by providing analysis, recommendations, consultation and expert advice for ad-hoc projects.
Quality Assurance and User Acceptance Testing
- Defining, coordinating, and executing user acceptance tests against business requirements with or on behalf of the business units for projects.
- Documenting test results and developing remediation plans with IT to address unmet business requirements.
- Documenting current state (“as is”) and future state (“to be”) processes, systems flows, and data flows.
- Formulating, defining and implementing improvements to business processes and operations to solve problems and enhance productivity/effectiveness.